About the Job
Richland Library is seeking a Finance Office Assistant for Finance Office at our Main location.
We are seeking detailed-oriented, organized individuals to work in the Finance Office. Under the supervision of the CFO, you will be managing multiple tasks. The individual we are looking for has the ability to align individual contributions with strategic objectives and values, and possesses working knowledge of office terminology. Confidentiality is key to working in this position.
If you feel that you possess these attributes and are excited about the prospect of joining a forward-thinking organization, we encourage you to apply!
- Promoting a high standard of customer service experience with internal and external communications and relationships.
- Processing invoices for all Library purchases. Ensuring bills are accurate, approved and correctly entered into the system
- Creating and reconciles payments to vendors through a variety of payment methods (ACH, direct debit, check, etc.)
- Completing credit card reconciliation.
- Reconciling all accounts payable transactions to include analyzing and resolving payable discrepancies.
- Updating and maintaining the vendor database, accounts payable general ledger and assisting with budget difficulties.
- Communicating with vendors and library staff to assist in reconciling invoices and purchase orders.
- Assisting in preparation of materials for the annual audit.
- Managing the year end process for accounts payable.
- Working with other roles in finance for internal control purposes. This could include payroll, petty cash, deposits, and more.
- Creating and maintaining files and related financial information; correspondence, reports, forms, and other types of communication as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
As a Richland Library employee, you can:
- Make a difference in other people’s lives every day!
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Be recognized for your contributions.
- Grow and develop personally and professionally.
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to salaried employees that support employees, spouses and their children. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement savings plan\paid time off and holiday pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free and discounted access to books, music, and films
- Giving Back: we value giving back to our community and encourage all employees to volunteer their time to support their charities.
- Celebration, Appreciation and Play: we know that you need a chance to unwind and recharge. Science tells us that play makes us smarter and reduces stress. Play helps us to get to know our colleagues better and can be fun. We offer break rooms and employee lounge areas to play games, workout, read or just relax.
- Three years of accounts payable experience.
- Accurate and quick data entry skills.
- Additional skills as required by job.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Finance Office **1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: $1,230.75 - $1,267.67 biweekly, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Please note that we are working remotely until further notice
Job Classification Level 107 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply: Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference job title on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone. All other applicants will be notified via email when position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
- Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
- Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us continue to fulfill our mission of helping our customers learn, create, and share.
- We are guided by our shared Vision: “enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.