Richland Library is seeking to hire Floater Associates to work at several locations as needed.
Richland Library is seeking applicants interested in employment as “Floater Associate” staff. We seek individuals with demonstrated ability to meet and engage with a diverse range of library customers. The job we are filling will require someone who is enthusiastic, reliable, and prompt in getting to work on a continuing basis with varying hours, schedules, and locations. Varying work schedules will depend on the needs of the Library. There is a required minimum of work hours per week, though schedules are flexible.
The number of hires to be selected from the present notice will depend on the needs of the library at the time.
If you feel like you are the right person for this position, we encourage you to apply!
Our online application works best on the following browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Please do not use Internet Explorer when submitting your application.
- Performing circulation procedures correctly; receiving and processing payments and materials.
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Recommending, selecting & helping locate materials/services for customers.
- Demonstrating ability to learn quickly and to easily apply new skills and knowledge, including technology and procedures.
- Assisting with programs.
As a Richland Library employee you can:
• Make a difference in other peoples' lives every day!
• Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
• Be recognized for your contributions.
• Grow and develop personally and professionally
- High school graduation. Preference given for college graduation.
- At least one year of relevant work experience involving customer service. Preference may be given to applicants with successful experience in retail work, food and beverage service, or similar backgrounds, which would require customer service skills and knowledge.
- Physical abilities (to lift, bend, squat, pull loaded book bin, print legibly, stand continuously, and walk around) as needed to perform the duties of the job.
- Reliable transportation for work hours/locations.
- Flexibility in regard to schedules, total hours/locations.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: System-wide locations, flexibility needed
Salary range: $13.65 per hour
Availability: Match the Library’s needs regarding location, schedule, and duration. Library system is open Mon.-Thurs. 9 am-9 pm; Fri.-Sat. 9 am-6 pm; Sun. 2-6 pm; so that indicates the potential range of hours which may be available for an “FA”. Individuals who prefer a regular work schedule, or those whose hours of availability are fewer than 10 per week, should not apply for the Floater Associate “FA” position. Location of availability and expected hours of availability are important. Hours per week will vary, generally between 10 and 27 hours/week.
Job Classification Level 102 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)