Richland Library is seeking to hire a Full-Time Graphic Design Specialist for our Main location.
- Contributes to ideation and conceptualization, and designs branded materials to promote the Library’s strategic goals including print and online items including but not limited to, posters, fliers, invitations, bookmarks, nametags, labels, t-shirts, etc.
- Creates, monitors, and confirms event and program templates system-wide use
- Designs and produces items and materials for gallery exhibits including but not limited to, title panels, wall panels, caption panels, social media and email graphics, digital display graphics, and assorted promotional collateral
- Works with vendors / printing companies to create items for outdoor installations and displays
- Photographs and edits images for internal and external use
- Responds to graphic design work tickets from the support desk
- Updates and maintains (internal) organizational documents, manuals, and materials; creates and updates business cards for staff members
- Trains staff on a variety of programs used for producing and editing images and templates
- Maintains printers, cutters, laminator, cameras and other department equipment.
- Assists extradepartmental staff in ordering of specialty products (stickers, labels, gifts and other merchandise
- Follows organizational, County, and public health and safety guidelines and protocols and performs job functions in a safe manner and reports all safety hazards per established policies and procedures
- Attends and participates in staff, and professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and best practices
- Learns and consistently exhibits Richland Library’s brand promises in all interactions with customers and colleagues; provides outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers; successfully ascertains and meets the individualized needs of each customer
- May be required to work nights and weekends based on organizational needs and job requirements
Bachelor’s degree in graphic designer related design discipline; supplemented by one (1) year of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience. Must present a portfolio showcasing a body of work which effectively represents appropriate training and abilities.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary: $1,612.50 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week to include occasional evenings and weekends: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Job Role & Level: P1; Pay Grade & Salary Band: 5; FLSA Status: Exempt
How to apply:
Deadline: Open Until filled. Applicants will be notified by email once the position is filled.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone. All other applicants will be notified via email when position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.