Richland Library is seeking to hire a Human Resources Generalist for our Chief Human Resources & Diversity (CHR&D) Division at our Main location.
In this challenging role, you will use your HR expertise to proactively partner with business managers and staff enhance the capability of the business. You will provide strategic consultation in the implementation of broad HR programs and initiatives, as well as guide and support the Library; focusing on talent management, succession planning, employee relations, and performance feedback and development.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong, business partnering background who has worked in established organizations and has managed HR teams. A high level of business acumen and ability to remain agile is required; excellent communication skills and a proactive attitude is a must. The successful candidate will have the depth of HR experience needed to better serve the Library and at the same time, be willing to roll up their sleeves to do the operational and implementation aspects of the role.
If you feel that you possess these attributes and are excited about the prospect of joining a forward-thinking organization, we encourage you to apply!
- Serve as an advisor to Executives, Managers and employees regarding all Human Resources related policies, programs, and initiatives, all in the context of the Library’s overall business strategy.
- Provide analysis, education, and insight that allows key stakeholders to make informed decisions based on a full understanding of employee and business needs.
- Lead, mentor, and develop an established HR team.
- Bring a balanced employee and company perspective to challenges and decisions.
- Be knowledgeable and aware of trends in the industry and how to position the Library competitively amongst peers.
- Collaborate with leadership to update and implement the strategy and design of benefit plans.
- Implement as necessary, administer, and communicate innovative employee compensation and benefits programs, policies and processes to align with the pay-for-performance and market pricing total rewards strategy.
- Ensure people and business processes and practices comply with regulatory and legal requirements globally to minimize risk to the organization.
- Maintain key HR analytics and initiate counter measures when data trends outside of control limits.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
- Lead the division Human Resource Information System (HRIS) strategies and partner with corporate human resource and information technology teams to facilitate ongoing technology development and implementation.
- Serve as a liaison to the community for various outreach activities including diversity and inclusion, job enrichment programs, and academic partnerships.
- Analyze and design opportunities to partner with the Learning Engagement team to develop and facilitate organization-specific training sessions i.e. MicroTriggers™, Bias Training, etc.; assess training effectiveness through evaluations.
- Cultivate relationships with external Human Resources consultants, advisors, recruiters and related external vendors to find optimum solutions to HR policy questions, employee recruitment, employee training, benefits, legal and other HR-related initiatives.
The above are just some of the core duties of the position. Further information will be discussed during interview.
As a Richland Library employee, you can:
- Make a difference in other people’s lives every day!
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Be recognized for your contributions.
- Grow and develop personally and professionally.
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to salaried employees that support employees, spouses and their children. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement savings plan\paid time off and holiday pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free and discounted access to books, music, and films
- Giving back: we value giving back to our community and encourage all employees to volunteer their time to support their charities.
- Celebration, Appreciation and Play
We know that you need a chance to unwind and recharge. Science tells us that play makes us smarter and reduces stress. Play helps us to get to know our colleagues better and can be fun. We offer break rooms and employee lounge areas to play games, workout, read or just relax.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive HR management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in talent acquisition
- Undergraduate degree preferably in HR or related field. Masters and/or Advanced certification (i.e. SPHR) preferred
- A proven track record of delivering results by aligning human capital systems and processes with business strategies
- Broad exposure to all Human Resources functions, including culture development, employee relations, change management, talent acquisitions/recruiting, employee attraction and retention, succession planning, organization development, compensation, benefits (preferably PEBA), training, HRIS and administration
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to be strategic as well as work vertically into the organization to understand situations and facilitate the achievement of results.
- Proven and successful experience leading succession planning, leadership development and diversity initiatives
- Nimble, ability to pivot and manage multiple priorities; i.e. COV-19 and Return to Work (RTW) initiatives
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: CHR&D Division **1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: $56,706.00 - $58,407.18 annually, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, including evenings. Please note that we are working remotely until further notice
Job Classification Level 115 (FLSA Status: Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply: submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Reference job title on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone. All other applicants will be notified via email when position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
- Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike. Featured on the Business Monthly Columbia Magazine, Richland Library was voted one of the 2020 top workplaces in South Carolina.
- Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us continue to fulfill our mission of helping our customers learn, create, and share.