Richland Library is seeking to hire a Full-Time Library Database/ILS (Integrated Library System) Administrator at our Main location.
• Demonstrates IT team values of being helpful, knowledgeable, empathetic, flexible, supportive, collaborative, and innovative
• Possesses ability to put “people before processes” while maintaining appropriate IT security
• Manages, maintains, and supports Integrated Library System (ILS), including software, hardware, self-check system, notification system, and reporting
• Prepares reports for various departments as scheduled or requested
• Maintains and supports RFID systems and workflows, including software and equipment
• Monitors, maintains, and supports people counting system
• Participates in help desk activities, including communication to staff and customers to determine nature of trouble, level of intervention required, and best way to remedy
• Writes and updates manuals, training materials, and other documentation
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline required; supplemented by four (4) years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
Must possess and maintain a valid State of South Carolina Driver’s License and the ability to drive a Library owned vehicle per established policies, procedures, and safety guidelines.
Regular attendance at work on-site is essential to maintain the necessary teamwork, personal interaction, and supervision that this position requires.
Master’s degree in library science, computer science, information systems, or related discipline; experience administering SQL servers; experience working with clustered storage; SQL certification
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary: $65,000 annually plus excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week:Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5 PM. One Saturday 8:30 AM - 6 PM every other month. Other evening or weekend hours possible.
Job Role & Level: P3; Pay Grade & Salary Band: 7; FLSA Status: Exempt
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.