Richland Library is seeking to hire a IT Infrastructure Specialist at our Main location to join its unique IT department, which functions under the philosophy of putting "people before processes" while maintaining appropriate security. The right candidate for this position possesses experience maintaining and supporting network infrastructure, including system backups, VoIP phone system, analog phone lines, wireless network, printers, copiers, and fax machines. This position assists our network administrator to support critical services for internal and external customers before, during, and after library hours. This person also demonstrates our IT team's values of being helpful, knowledgeable, flexible, collaborative, empathetic, and innovative. Apply today and tell us how you are the right fit for this position.
- Effectively demonstrates characteristics of being enthusiastic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of the Richland Library’s customer engagement standards.
- Greets customers & successfully ascertains individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Administers the Richland Library’s VoIP phone system and analog phone lines.
- Administers enterprise data backup and restore processes.
- Coordinates the installation, monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user computer hardware, printers, peripherals, and other related equipment.
- Manages wireless network.
- Assesses and implements best practices for domain, user, and online security.
- Assists the IT Network Administrator with server, domain, and network maintenance and reliability, playing an essential role for addressing downtime of critical services.
- Demonstrates strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Represents the IT department’s brand promises of being helpful, knowledgeable, flexible, collaborative, empathetic, and innovative.
- Travels to all library locations on an as needed basis to provide technology updates, troubleshooting, and advisory services.
- Writes and updates manuals, training materials, and other documentation.
- Communicates with vendors and providers of service for assistance in maintaining and troubleshooting equipment as necessary.
- Participates in Helpdesk activities, including communication with staff and customers to determine nature of trouble, level of intervention required, and best way to remedy.
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of virtualization systems.
- Prepares computer-generated reports for various departments as scheduled or requested.
- Prepares requisitions for hardware purchase, maintenance renewal and service.
- May direct the work of other Information Technology Department staff.
- Keeps informed and knowledgeable of changing technology and its application in the library environment and makes recommendations for needed revisions.
- Performs other associated duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, with major study in computer science, information systems, or another related field and one year experience. In lieu of bachelor’s degree, consideration may be given for an associates’ degree in computer information systems (or similar) and at least three years of documented relevant work experience.
- Preferred: Additional specific IT skills, certifications and experience including: Microsoft networks, VoIP phone systems, WAN/LANs, and helpdesk software.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to perform all job duties.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Minimum Salary range: $1,877.25 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week to include "on call" evenings and weekends
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Please note that we are working an adjusted scheduled currently until further notice.
Job Classification Level 113 (FLSA Status: Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job title and location on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.