About the Job
Our online application is not working properly with Internet Explorer. Please use another browser to submit your application such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Richland Library is seeking to hire an Associate for our Sandhills location.
Richland Library is seeking to hire an Associate for the Sandhills location.
We are looking for a dynamic, outgoing, and engaging candidate to join our vibrant staff at Sandhills location. The ideal candidate enjoys working with families, teens, and children 0-18, and possesses demonstrated interest in teen and children’s literature and programming, has strong technology skills focused on media creation and/or artistic skills as he/she will be involved in our makerspaces. Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus.
Are you ready to help support and ensure exceptional experiences for all our customers – from a warm welcome to a fond farewell?
Richland Library Sandhills serves the fast-growing Clemson Road area of Northeast Richland County. Located on the grounds of The Summit, the library is close to the Village at Sandhills. Strategically located near Ridgeview High School, Summit Parkway Middle School and North Springs Elementary, the Library has nearly 25% of the customers under the age of 18.
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Understanding and maintaining the material handling system for organizing and moving materials through the system.
- Assisting with adult and children’s programming.
- Ensuring that our customer experience expectations are met by guaranteeing our books, media, and music are out on the shelves, look clean and tidy, can be easily found, and are in the correct location.
- Actively supporting the needs of the Library, including completion of opening and closing procedures, cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials, shelf-reading, shifting and maintaining the collection, straightening materials, arranging materials on booktrucks, emptying bookdrops, and searching for materials on shelves.
- May be overseeing Library operations during absence of higher level staff.
- Performing other associated duties as required or assigned.
- At least two years of post high school education from an accredited college or university.
- At least one year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to those with retail or hospitality experience.
- Preference will be given for candidates who evidence that they have experience working with teens and children 0-18, and that they have interest in literature and programming for teens and children.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a good understanding of technology.
- Additional skills as required by job, and ability to perform duties of the job. Preference may be given to applicants who are fluent in Spanish.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Sandhills **763 Fashion Drive, Columbia, SC 29229
Salary range: $975.00 - $1,0004.00 biweekly, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week: Mon. 1:00 – 9:00 pm, Tue. & Wed. 12:30 – 9:00 pm; Thurs. 9:00 am – 5:30 pm. Plus weekend hours, as follows:
Week 1 – Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Week 2 – Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Week 3 – Saturday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm & Sunday 2:00 – 6:00 pm
Job Classification Level: 104
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Deadline: Open until filled. Applicants will be notified when the position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.