About the Job
Richland Library is seeking to hire an Associate for our Lower Richland location.
Richland Library will be opening a new library in the Lower Richland neighborhood in 2019, providing customers with books and AV materials, holds pickup, computer access, and tailored programs for children, teens and adults. Located at 9019 Garners Ferry Road, Hopkins, the renovated and reconfigured storefront location will transform into a vibrant library where Lower Richland residents and others can learn, create and share.
We seek a natural teacher, trainer, and leader. Strong technology skills are a must. The ideal candidate may be someone with good experience in retail or hospitality. Are you excited by the prospect of engaging with our community, building lasting partnerships, and leaving every customer thrilled about the Library?
If so, we encourage you to apply to come join the Lower Richland Library staff!
• Planning and assisting with activities and events for people of all ages.
• Assisting library customers with downloading digital materials and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices and e-readers.
• Assisting library customers with technology, internet, and software questions (examples include Microsoft Office, email, and online job applications).
• Assisting the Lower Richland Library Manager and other staff with the overall management and leadership of the library in that location, including helping to keep the workflow moving and meeting customer experience expectations.
• Assisting a diverse customer base with selecting a wide variety of materials; answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
• Paying careful attention to detail when handling library materials and completing established library processes in order to ensure the best possible experience for the customer.
• Assisting in training and supervising part-time employees and volunteers, and guiding priorities within activities and tasks.
• Helping to oversee the Library operations during absence of higher level staff.
• Actively supporting the needs of the Library, including opening and closing procedures; supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials and sustaining the Library’s collection.
- At least two years of post high school education from an accredited college or university.
- One year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a very good understanding of technology.
Your job will involve your being on the move in our libraries. It will include standing, walking, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Lower Richland Library ** 9019 Garners Ferry Road, Hopkins, SC 29061
Salary range: $975.00 - $1,004.00 biweekly, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours.
Job Classification Level: 104
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Deadline: February 21, 2019
Applications for Richland Library jobs must be completed online and submitted by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date.
If you are considering submitting a resume/cover letter, you may attach to your online application.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.