Richland Library is seeking to hire an Associate for our Lower Richland location.
Our Lower Richland location will be opening soon, providing customers with books and AV materials, holds pickup, computer access, and tailored programs for children, teens and adults. Located at 9019 Garners Ferry Road, Hopkins, the renovated and reconfigured storefront location will transform into a vibrant library where Lower Richland residents and others can learn, create and share.
We seek a natural teacher, trainer, and leader. Strong technology skills are a must. The ideal candidate may be someone with good experience in retail or hospitality. Are you excited by the prospect of engaging with our community, building lasting partnerships, and leaving every customer thrilled about the Library?
If so, we encourage you to apply to come join the Lower Richland Library staff!
Our online application works best on the following browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Please do not use Internet Explorer when submitting your application.
- Planning and assisting with activities and events for people of all ages.
- Assisting library customers with downloading digital materials and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices and e-readers.
- Assisting library customers with technology, internet, and software questions (examples include Microsoft Office, email, and online job applications).
- Assisting the Lower Richland Library Manager and other staff with the overall management and leadership of the library in that location, including helping to keep the workflow moving and meeting customer experience expectations.
- Assisting a diverse customer base with selecting a wide variety of materials; answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Paying careful attention to detail when handling library materials and completing established library processes in order to ensure the best possible experience for the customer.
- Assisting in training and supervising part-time employees and volunteers, and guiding priorities within activities and tasks.
- Helping to oversee the Library operations during absence of higher level staff.
- Actively supporting the needs of the Library, including opening and closing procedures; supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials and sustaining the Library’s collection.
- Performing other duties as required or assigned.
As a Richland Library employee you can:
- Make a difference in other peoples' lives every day!
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse team
- Be recognized for your contributions
- Grow and develop personally and professionally
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to hourly employees, spouses and their children. Some of our benefits include:
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Career development
- Time off to recharge and renew
- Holiday closings
- Free and discounted access to books, music and films
We value giving back to our community and encourage all employees to volunteer their time to support their charities.
Celebration, Appreciation and Play
We know that you need a chance to unwind and recharge. Science tells us that play makes us smarter and reduces stress. Play helps us to get to know our colleagues better and can be fun. We offer break rooms and employee lounge areas to play games, workout, read or just relax.
- At least two years of post high school education from an accredited college or university.
- One year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a very good understanding of technology.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Lower Richland Library **9019 Garners Ferry Road, Hopkins, SC 29061
Salary range: $13.65 per hour
Hours: Avg. 25.0 hours per week: Monday 2:00 – 6:00 PM; Wednesday 1:00 – 6:00 PM; Tuesday & Thursday 4:00 – 8:00 PM; every other Friday/Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Job Classification Level 104 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.