About the Job
Our online application is not working properly with Internet Explorer. Please use another browser to submit your application such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Richland Library is seeking to hire a Maintenance Driver for our Main location.
This individual performs general courier and delivery services to all our library locations, general maintenance, repair, and custodial work.
The ideal candidate is flexible in working with others, proficient in managing multiple tasks; and possesses a can-do attitude.
Excellent customer service skills, physical strength for lifting heavy boxes, equipment, etc.; good driving, and aptitude to perform minor electrical repairs are some of the skills that we are looking for.
- Lifting, moving, and delivering to designated locations: books, supplies, furniture, appliances, equipment, materials, and money.
- Receiving, processing, sorting, and delivering mail, packages, and materials.
- Performing tasks to maintain, install, repair, assemble, disassemble, and otherwise physically work with electrical, mechanical and all other types of library property and equipment, as assigned and directed.
- Verifying receipt of materials against packing lists and purchase orders.
- Performing cleaning maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Collecting and removing or recycling trash.
- Preparing rooms for meetings.
- Protecting library buildings, equipment, and materials by practicing appropriate security procedures.
- Performing other duties as required or assigned.
- High school education or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record. A copy of driving record must be provided upon hire.
- Physical strength to lift heavy boxes and equipment.
- Aptitude for maintenance work.
This job involves being “on the move” in our libraries: ability to routinely and continually lift and carry boxes of books, each box weighing approximately 35 pounds; lifting between 35-45 pounds; routine bending and stooping to pick up and put down the boxes; reaching, pushing, and pulling the same boxes, continually; rolling and maneuvering a hand truck with up to 150 pounds weight in boxes, stacked by the employee; good vision and hearing; a large amount of standing and walking, with sitting done only during the driving portion of the job.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Operations Dept. **1431 Assembly St., Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: $975.00 - $1,004.00 biweekly plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
Job Classification Level: 103
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Deadline: Open Until Filled. Applicants will be notified by email once the position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.