Richland Library is seeking to hire a Network Systems Administrator at our Main location.
Join our unique IT department, which functions under the philosophy of putting "people before processes" while maintaining appropriate security and infrastructure. The right candidate for this position possesses the skills to maintain network and critical services for internal and external customers before, during, and after library hours. This person also demonstrates our IT team's values of being helpful, knowledgeable, flexible, collaborative, empathetic, and innovative.
If you feel that you possess these attributes and are excited about the prospect of joining a forward-thinking organization, we encourage you to apply!
- Monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting network system components, including on premises and cloud servers (AWS environment), hypervisors, switches, routers, SQL servers, firewall, server OS, clustered storage, LAN/WAN/Internet connectivity, as well as backup and disaster recovery appliances.
- Serving as team lead in instances of network or critical service failures, including network security breaches. Directing the efforts of Library IT staff, service and equipment vendors, and outside consultants, sometimes for extended hours in an emergency until the emergent situation is resolved.
- Managing network users, groups, computers, and email accounts.
- Supporting network and IT needs of internal and external customers.
- Understanding and supporting the philosophy of putting people before processes, while maintaining appropriate IT security.
- Demonstrating strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to develop creative solutions.
- Representing the IT department’s brand promises of being helpful, knowledgeable, flexible, collaborative, empathetic, and innovative.
- Routinely collaborating with and coaching IT department staff.
- Evaluating, recommending, and implementing solutions for improving network performance, as well as system and user needs.
- Coordinating network and server purchases and maintenance contracts.
- Communicating with vendors and providers of service for assistance installing, monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment and software.
- Writing and updating documentation and training materials, related to job responsibilities.
- The above is just some of the core duties of the position. Further information will be discussed during interview.
As a Richland Library employee, you can:
- Make a difference in other people’s lives every day.
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Be recognized for your contributions.
- Grow and develop personally and professionally.
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to salaried employees that support employees, spouses and their children. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement savings plan\paid time off and holiday pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free and discounted access to books, music, and films
- Giving Back:
We value giving back to our community and encourage all employees to volunteer their time to support their charities.
- Celebration, Appreciation and Play:
We know that you need a chance to unwind and recharge. Science tells us that play makes us smarter and reduces stress. Play helps us to get to know our colleagues better and can be fun. We offer break rooms and employee lounge areas to play games, workout, read or just relax.
- Bachelor’s degree, with major study in computer science, information systems, or another related field preferred. Consideration may be given to applicants with relevant certifications and at least 3 years related work experience. Transcripts must be provided upon hire.
- 3+ years network system administration with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, S3, security groups, IAM)
- Hypervisors, including virtual machines and switches, specifically Hyper-V and VMware
- TCP/IP networking including DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN topology, wireless protocols, VoIP, switching and routing
- Firewall management (Fortinet preferred)
- Network backup disaster recovery
- Active directory user and group policy management
- Microsoft Office 365 products and Exchange online administration
- Network and computer anti-virus software (Fortinet preferred)
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to perform all job duties.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main **1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: Commensurate with experience, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, including “on call,” evening, and weekend hours. Please note that we are working partially remotely until further notice.
Job Classification Level 117 (FLSA Status: Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply: Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com Reference job title on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us continue to fulfill our mission of helping our customers learn, create, and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.