Richland Library is seeking to hire a Operations Assistant I at our Main location.
- Effectively demonstrates characteristics of being enthusiastic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of the Richland Library’s customer engagement standards.
- Greets customers & successfully ascertains individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Assembles and installs library equipment.
- Performs minor electrical repairs on light fixtures.
- Assists in the maintenance of library vehicles.
- Troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Delivers books, supplies, furniture, appliances, money, and other materials to designated locations
- Receives, processes, and delivers mail and parcels.
- Verifies receipt of materials against packing lists and purchase orders.
- Maintains library grounds including repairs to inground sprinkler systems.
- Setup rooms for meetings and rearrange furniture throughout library system.
- Ability to use and work safely with hand and power tools.
- Performs various other duties as required or assigned.
- High school education or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Physical strength to lift heavy boxes up to 50 lbs, equipment, climb ladder up to 12’ etc.
- Some experience in maintenance work highly desirable; aptitude for maintenance work required.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a good understanding of technology and computers.
- Ability to perform the job.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: $1,157.25 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Monday - Thursday (11:30 am - 8:00 pm), and Friday (9:30 am - 6:00 pm).
Job Classification Level 106 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference job title and location on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.