Richland Library is seeking to hire a Full-Time Outreach Program Coordinator Youth Family for our Main location.
- Develop, plan, integrate specialized/focused programs and experiences including story-time, storytelling, parent engagement, and recreational, STEM and creative activities for youth and families experiencing adversity, risk factors and/or barriers, focusing on Community Sites (afterschool programs and community hubs) and City and County Parks
- Coordinate Community Book Initiatives for Comet and Community Hubs and identify areas for programs or other support
- With Manager, coordinate, plan, implement events and presentations for Outreach Partners and support Outreach efforts by Library Locations
- Attends and participates in staff, and professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and best practices
- Participates in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments, current financial legislation, and company policies and procedures
- Establishes and/or maintains contact with Community Hubs for Community Books Initiatives, City and County Parks, and Community Out-of-School Programs; identifies new partners throughout the year in order to develop and implement relevant, responsive programming to meet community needs
- Coordinates, communicates and collaborates with team and community partners to design new and enhance current programs, resources and services for youth and families in the community
- Assists/Leads programs and events coordinated by outreach team members and works with library staff to provide programs as necessary including early literacy programs, mobile library programs and community programs and events
- Assists library administrators, work groups, and other staff by collecting, reporting, and presenting relevant information and data
- May assist with supervision of volunteers including but not limited to training, communications, scheduling, and tracking hours worked
- Follows organizational, County, and public health and safety guidelines and protocols and performs job functions in a safe manner and reports all safety hazards for established policies and procedures
- Learns and consistently exhibits Richland Library’s brand promises in all interactions with customers and colleagues; provides outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers; successfully ascertains and meets the individualized needs of each customer
- May be required to work nights and weekends based on organizational needs and job requirements
Bachelor’s degree in education, or related field; supplemented by one (1) year of directly related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience.
One (1) year of experience working in a community, early learning, education, or youth program and understanding of the purpose and services of public libraries and familiarity with early, children’s and teen literacy and programming.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary: $1,612.50 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week to include occasional evenings and weekends: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Job Role & Level: P1; Pay Grade & Salary Band: 5; FLSA Status: Exempt
How to apply:
Deadline: Open Until filled. Applicants will be notified by email once the position is filled.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone. All other applicants will be notified via email when position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.