Richland Library is seeking to hire a Payroll Administrator for our Main location.
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Administrator to coordinate efforts involving payroll, human resources, budget and interaction with other departments. This position reports to the CFO and is responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, ledgers and procedures.
The ideal candidate is detail oriented and possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Excellent technological skills and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment are some of the attributes we are looking for among qualified candidates, and are vital to successfully perform the tasks in this important role.
If you feel you are the right candidate, we encourage you to apply!
- Preparing and processing payroll for 400+ employees.
- Coordinating efforts between payroll, human resources, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports).
- Preparing and submitting bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly payroll liabilities and reports.
- Maintaining awareness of changing developments in payroll and deductions.
- Assisting in preparation of materials for annual audit of the Library’s financial records; working with auditor providing information necessary for completion of audit report.
- Balancing general ledger accounts monthly and at year end.
- Analyzing and maintaining budget for the payroll process to include transfers and encumbrances.
- Reconciling monthly bank statements.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
As a Richland Library employee, you can:
- Make a difference in other people’s lives every day!
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Be recognized for your contributions.
- Grow and develop personally and professionally.
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to salaried employees that support employees, spouses and their children. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement savings plan\paid time off and holiday pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free and discounted access to books, music, and films
- Giving Back:
We value giving back to our community and encourage all employees to volunteer their time to support their charities.
- Celebration, Appreciation and Play
We know that you need a chance to unwind and recharge. Science tells us that play makes us smarter and reduces stress. Play helps us to get to know our colleagues better and can be fun. We offer break rooms and employee lounge areas to play games, workout, read or just relax.
- High school or equivalent. Preference may be given to candidates with Associate’s degree in business administration/finance.
- Three years of payroll experience performing all payroll functions. Equivalent combination of training and experience may be accepted.
- Experience in automated data processing required.
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system.
- Excellent skill using Excel to manage data.
- Skills in word processing, data entry and retrieval; typing speed of 35 WPM or more; accuracy stressed over speed.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Finance Office **1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: $1,749.75 - $1,802.24 biweekly, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Monday – Friday. Flexibility to work evenings as needed due to project/payroll scheduling.
(Job Classification Level 112) (FLSA Status: Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply: Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference job title on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone. Only candidates selected for interview will be notified when the position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
- Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
- Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us continue to fulfill our mission of helping our customers learn, create, and share.
- We are guided by our shared Vision: “enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.