Richland Library is seeking to hire a Full-Time Payroll Administrator at our Main location.
- Assesses, plans, and implements best practice standards and assures compliance with all regulatory and funding agencies; compiles and submits data for trend analysis and/or reporting
- Prepares and processes payroll for more than 400 of the Library’s employees
- Collaborates with all departments to ensure all processes are adhered to, accuracy in employee data transfer and maintenance for information including but not limited to, the preparation and distribution of reports for overtime hours, leave balances, head count, and retirement contributions
- Prepares and submits bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly payroll liabilities and reports; calculates payable hours, tax withholdings, and deductions
- Processes direct deposit and manual checks, wire transfer requests, and retro-active payments in accordance with all applicable policies and legal guidelines
- Completes Levy and Garnishment documentation and transactions and assists with the payroll portion of worker’s compensation forms
- Initiates stop payment and recalls of direct deposits transactions, as approved
- Manages electronic timekeeping systems or manually collecting and reviewing timesheets; maintains sick and vacation records, balances, accruals for employees in accordance with policies and process corresponding year-end reporting as needed
- Researches all discrepancies and resolves identified issues and problems in a timely and efficient manner
- Prepares and issues earnings statements
- Attends to changing developments in employees’ payroll and deduction information
- Balances general ledger accounts monthly and at year end, and analyzes and maintains the budget for payroll to include transfers and encumbrances
- Assists with preparing materials for annual audit of the Library’s financial records; provides necessary and requested information to auditor/s
- Respond to employee inquires, and management requests regarding payroll issues, in a customer service oriented manner
- Provides administrative assistance to the accounting department, as needed/requested
- Performs reconciliation of deduction, weekly processing, monthly payroll reconciliations, and reports discrepancies as appropriate, along with applicable/required
- Follows organizational, County, and public health and safety guidelines and protocols and performs job functions in a safe manner and reports all safety hazards per established policies and procedures
- Attends and participates in staff, and professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and best practices
- Learns and consistently exhibits Richland Library’s brand promises in all interactions with customers and colleagues; provides outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers; successfully ascertains and meets the individualized needs of each customer
- May be required to work outside of standard business hours, including nights and weekends based on organizational responsibilities and job requirements
High school diploma or GED required; supplemented by four (4) years of directly related payroll experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
Associate degree in accounting or related field and at least two (2) years of consecutive and recent experience as a Payroll Clerk or Administrator for an organization of comparable size and with multiple locations.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary: $1,612.50 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm with occasional evenings.
Job Role & Level: P1; Pay Grade & Salary Band: 5; FLSA Status: Exempt
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.