Richland Library is seeking to hire a Part-Time Associate at our Sandhills location.
- Effectively demonstrates the characteristics of being energetic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of Richland Library’s customer service standards.
- Greets customers & successfully ascertains individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Assists Manager and librarians with the overall management and leadership of the Library, including helping to keep the workflow properly moving and meeting customer experience expectations.
- Answers directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Assists customers with equipment, materials, procedures, and information.
- Acts to find and promote efficiencies, including working to help ensure correct location and condition of items and materials so that customers receive materials and services they desire.
- Contributes effectively to understanding and maintaining the system for organizing and moving materials through the system.
- Assists with adult and children’s programming.
- Actively supports the needs of the library, including completion of opening and closing procedures; maintaining supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials and sustaining the library’s collection.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- At least two years of post high school education from an accredited college or university.
- At least one year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a good understanding of technology. .
- Ability to perform all job duties.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Sandhills, 763 Fashion Drive, Columbia, SC 29229
Salary range: $15.00 per hour
Hours: 16 hours per week
Sunday 2:00 pm-6:00 pm, Tuesday and Thursday 4:00 pm-8:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am-6:00 pm.
Please note that we are working an adjusted scheduled currently until further notice.
Job Classification Level 104 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job title and location on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.