Richland Library is seeking to hire a Social Media Coordinator who can enhance our brand and build strong online communities across all platforms at our Main location.
Reporting to Richland Library’s Content Marketing Manager and working collaboratively with our Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy and other team members, the Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for developing and administering both organic and paid social media content designed to engage users and create ongoing, sustainable interactive relationships between the Library and our customers. The successful candidate will also be required to collect and review social media analytics to develop more effective campaigns – building upon both our hits and misses.
Technical expertise, an understanding of basic marketing principles and experience developing, sourcing and managing content for a similarly sized brand or larger is preferred.
- Monitor the Library’s social media accounts and interact with users while overseeing all community engagement.
- Curate relationships with other brands and users by seeing out and proactively engaging with online audiences in alignment with the Library’s brand.
- Collaborating directly with the Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy and our Content Strategist, manage a monthly social content calendar that aligns with and directly supports the Library’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and iteratively grow a social media strategy with a growth mindset for our social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Youtube and Twitter – potentially expanding into other platforms.
- Serve as the leader of our internal, staff-lead, social media contributor team.
- Constantly evaluate and recruit influencer-type partnerships that can ultimately amplify the Library’s brand.
- Establish a data-driven approach to inform and build out social media marketing tactics which build awareness, drive engagement, grows follower counts and increases site traffic to RichlandLibrary.com.
- Measure, report and analyze the performance of campaigns and supporting tactics across platforms to create actionable recommendations.
- Plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Contribute to special projects throughout the Library system as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as advertising, marketing, communications, public relations, etc.) OR
- Two or more years of professional experience in a role dedicated to social media marketing and/or branding for similarly sized organization OR
- One year of professional experience in a similar role plus an associate degree in any field of study.
Required Work Experience
- Two years of social media marketing experience.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Superior knowledge of established social media marketing technologies and management software including engagement tools, content scheduling and analytics (examples include Buffer, Sprout, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Proficiency in business-side management of social media applications, tools and platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Linkedin and Twitter as well as how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Superior copyediting and writing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of content, design, production process of marketing materials.
- Experience leading organic and paid social media campaigns and content development.
- Critical thinker and problem solver with the proven ability to manage multiple marketing / branding priorities, campaigns, and tasks.
- Organized and self-motivated individual comfortable with a work schedule that frequently changes based upon campaigns and Library initiatives. Work will involve travel between locations.
- Team player with the confidence to guide others in online brand reputation management.
- Passion for public service and delivering exemplary customer service.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Minimum Salary range: $1,788.46 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Please note that we are working an adjusted scheduled currently until further notice.
Job Classification Level 111 (FLSA Status: Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job title and location on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.