Richland Library is seeking to hire a Software Administrator at our Main location.
- Serves as chief technical expert and resource to departments in financial systems technology, including systems support for all finance software areas and for related management software areas as may be designated (payroll, accounts payable, budget, general accounting, human resources areas including employee and position data, online job applications, employee self-service, etc.).
- Provides technical support and direction for the development, design, and systems integration from definition phase through implementation and on-going training of new financial software capabilities.
- Provides alternative technical solutions to Library Financial and HR systems and requirements.
- Promotes and coordinates technical training of Financial and HR system within the Finance and HR departments and the entire Library system.
- Prepares written instructions for use of hardware and software by staff.
- Tests and implements new Financial and HR software releases, new products, etc.
- Defines, communicates, and enforces coding standards where appropriate.
- Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve our methodology and training offerings.
- Coordinates responses and provides solutions to financial and HR software issues and other closely related management area software reported by staff.
- Recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Creates, executes and revises project work plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Assesses business processes and systems and establishes protocols for business continuity (disaster planning).
- Anticipates future system’s needs, identifies proactive solutions to satisfy needs.
- Plans and implements changes, additions and deletions in workflow process and workflow security as appropriate.
- Assists in the maintenance and update of the Library’s Finance and HR department intranet content.
- Creates and implements Financial and HR data reports.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of Library financial management policies and procedures as it relates to assigned areas.
- Assists in the fiscal and calendar year-end close as it relates to assigned areas.
- Manages the help desk for Finance.
- Responds to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Keeps the Finance Director and the HR Director informed of potential problems or unusual events.
- Serves as a contact point between Library staff and Finance Office personnel.
- Maintains supportive communication and coordination of work, as needed in regard to the system, with the staff of the HR team.
- Effectively demonstrates characteristics of being enthusiastic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of Richland Library’s customer engagement standards.
- Greets customers & successfully ascertains individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Creates correspondence, forms and other types of communication as necessary.
- Maintains expertise in assigned areas to fulfill project goals and objectives
- Attends and conducts training sessions, conferences and workshops to keep abreast of current practices, programs and legal issues.
- Follows organizational, County, and public health and safety guidelines and protocols and performs job functions in a safe manner and reports all safety hazards per established policies and procedures
- Learns and consistently exhibits Richland Library’s brand promises in all interactions with customers and colleagues; provides outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers; successfully ascertains and meets the individualized needs of each customer
- May be required to work outside of standard business hours, including nights and weekends based on organizational responsibilities and job requirements
Associate’s degree in Information Technology (IT), Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field. Minimum of 4 years work experience with emphasis in administering financial systems, including systems analysis and software implementation, preferably in a government setting. Ability to maintain proper financial records in a systematic and retrievable manner. Ability to perform job functions. Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), Accounting, Business Administration, or closely related field. Minimum of 4 years work experience with emphasis in administering financial systems, including systems analysis and software implementation, preferably in a government setting. Tyler Enterprise ERP and UKG experience preferred. Advanced working knowledge and experience with SQL, relational databases, and report writing tools, preferably Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Possesses knowledge of complex database concepts, client server, and internet systems and architectures.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary: $2,137.50 biweekly, plus excellent benefits.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week to include occasional evening and weekend hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Job Role & Level: P3; Pay Grade & Salary Band: 7; FLSA Status: Exempt
How to apply:
Deadline: Open Until filled. Applicants will be notified by email once the position is filled.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone. All other applicants will be notified via email when position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.