Richland Library is seeking to hire a Full-Time Associate at our St. Andrews location.
- Effectively demonstrates the characteristics of being energetic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of the Richland Library’s customer engagement standards.
- Greets customers & successfully ascertains individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Assists the Location Manager and librarians with the overall management and leadership of that location, including helping to keep the workflow properly moving and creating personalized customer experiences.
- Plans and assists with activities and events for people of all ages.
- Assists library customers with downloading digital materials and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices and e-readers.
- Assist library customers with technology, internet, and software questions (examples include Microsoft Office, email, and online job applications).
- Answers directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Assists library customers with equipment, materials, procedures, and information.
- Actively supports the needs of the location, including shelving materials; creating and maintaining displays; performing opening and closing procedures; maintaining supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and troubleshooting equipment; scheduling and confirming meeting room reservations, sustaining the library’s collection.
- Pays careful attention to detail when handling library materials and completing established library processes to ensure the best possible experience for the customer.
- Acts to find and promote efficiencies, including working to help ensure correct location and condition of items and materials so that customers receive materials and services they desire.
- Contributes effectively to understanding and maintaining the library system for organizing and moving materials.
- Bachelor’s degree ( two years college plus at least eight years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree). Transcript must be presented upon hire.
- Preference for at least one year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a very good understanding of technology.
- Ability to perform duties of the job functions; additional skills as required by job.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library St. Andrews, 2916 Broad River Rd., Columbia, SC 29210
Salary range: $15.82 per hour plus benefits.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week on a rotating weekend:
Monday (10:00 am- 6:30 pm), Tuesday (1:00 pm-9:00 pm), Wednesday (10:00 am- 6:30 pm), Thursday (12:30 pm-9:00 pm), Every 2nd Friday (9:00 am- 1:00 pm), Every 3rd Friday (9:00 am-6:00 pm), Every 1st Saturday (9:00 am-6:00 pm), Every 2nd Sunday (2:00 pm-6:00 pm).
Please note that we are working an adjusted scheduled currently until further notice.
Job Classification Level 106 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference job title and location on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.