Richland Library is seeking to hire an Associate for our St. Andrews Location.
Richland Library St. Andrews, located on Broad River Rd., serves northwest Richland County and is located just 7 miles from downtown Columbia. The library provides customers with books and A/V materials, holds pickups, computer access, Wi-Fi, and tailored programs for children, teens, and adults. The St. Andrews location offers specific areas for children, teens, career coaching, and a Makerspace to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share!
We seek an individual who is energetic, outgoing and positive to work in this location. Strong technology skills are a must with the individual having the ability to share that knowledge with customers of varying skill levels. The ideal candidate has a passion for customer service and may have a background in a customer-oriented field such as retail or food & beverage.
If you feel like you are the right person for this position, we encourage you to apply.
- Assisting a diverse customer base with selecting a wide variety of materials; answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Paying careful attention to detail when handling library materials and completing established library processes in order to ensure the best possible experience for the customer.
- Assisting library customers with technology, internet, and software questions (examples include Microsoft Office, email, and online job applications).
- Assisting library customers with downloading digital materials and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices and e-readers.
- Planning and assisting with activities and events for people of all ages.
- Assisting the St. Andrews Library Manager and other staff by helping to keep the workflow moving and meeting customer experience expectations.
- Actively supporting the needs of the Library, including opening and closing procedures; supplies and statistics; cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials and sustaining the Library’s collection.
- Performs other associated duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a very good understanding of technology.
Your job will involve your being on the move in our libraries. It will include standing, walking, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library St. Andrews** 2916 Broad River Road, Columbia, SC 29210
Salary range: $13.00 per hour
Hours: 23.0 hours per week: Monday – Thursday 5:00 – 9:00 PM. Alt. Friday/Saturday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Job Classification Level: 102
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
* Richland Library may change location and schedule of any Library job.
The deadline to apply for this position vacancy is February 12, 2019.
Applications for Richland Library jobs must be completed online and submitted by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date.
You may attach resume and cover letter to your online application.
Why Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.