About the Job
Richland Library is seeking to hire Talent Development Coordinator to join its HR team at Main location.
The HR professionals at Richland Library approach the work as trusted leaders with integrity, optimism, and a deep understanding of the “fresh and fun” culture of Richland Library. We are agile, resilient, driven and thoughtful with a commitment to create an environment that allows individuals to reach their full potential.
This role will implement Human Resources strategies (i.e. diversity training, talent planning, employee engagement, etc.). Additionally, this role will handle employee relations issues, advise and coach employees, ensure compliance and policy audits.
- Work with leadership to implement key HR business strategies (diversity, talent planning, etc.).
- Lead the investigation, management, and communication of various employee relations issues.
- Work closely with Recruiting team to ensure required skill/behaviors are understood and that top quality talent is selected for the organization.
- Oversees the internship program, including working closely with supervisors to identify their needs and building relationships with recruitment sources to attract the right candidates.
- Lead talent planning/succession planning processes; identify key talent for development.
- Serve as a coach/advocate for employees and identify opportunities to improve employee engagement.
- Ensure high level experience for onboarding and off boarding activities.
- Work with cross-functional business partners in Learning Engagement, Finance/Payroll, and Marketing and Digital Strategy.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- 7+ years of work experience as a Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist.
- Able to work collaboratively and build productive relationships across all levels and functions.
- High-energy and compelling vision with a proven entrepreneurial track record of defining and delivering new initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in various areas of human resources: employee relations, recruiting, talent management/succession planning, employee engagement, etc.
- Experience with talent management systems a plus.
- Extremely flexible, proactive, highly organized, and ability to shift priorities, multi-task, and handle heavy work flow processing.
- Strong tactical execution and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in social media, Microsoft or Mac, Prezi, Keynote, Google slides, or LibreOffice, a plus.
Location, Salary & Hours
Where: HR Office **1431 Assembly St., Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: $40,365.00 - $41,574.00 per year, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
Job Classification Level: 111
FLSA Status: Exempt
APPLY IMMEDIATELY. No deadline is presently established for this Vacancy. Applications are being accepted now. When a deadline is determined, the deadline will be announced 24 hours in advance on the Library’s website.
Please attach a cover letter and resume to your online application.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.