Richland Library is seeking to hire a Part-Time Teen Center Associate at our Main location.
- Effectively demonstrates characteristics of being enthusiastic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of Richland Library’s customer engagement standards.
- Enjoys meeting and engaging with teens and families.
- Greets customers & successfully ascertains individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
- Pulling material requests and shelving materials.
- Assisting with the preparation of programs, activities, and events.
- Assisting with general maintenance of the Teen Center.
- Overseeing Teen Center operations during the absence of higher-level staff.
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Staffs public service points on the Garden level of the Main Library. Answers directional and informational questions about the library including its services, collection, programs and initiatives.
- Interprets and communicates general library policies and procedures to customers.
- Performs opening and closing procedures.
- Uses a variety of software programs and technology. Comfortable troubleshooting software and technology.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
- At least two years of post-high school education from an accredited college or university.
- At least one year of relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a good understanding of technology.
- Additional skills as required by job (ability to perform duties of the job is a requirement).
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, Teen Center, 1431 Assembly St, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: $15.00 per hour.
Hours: Avg. 22.0 hours per week: Monday - Thursday 1:00-5:00 PM; Alternate weekends: Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Sunday 2:00 – 6:00 PM
Job Classification Level 104 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference job title and location on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.