How do I get a library card?
From Arcadia Lakes to Zanzibar, anyone can enjoy the full benefits of Richland Library. Check out materials from one of our 11 locations, or enjoy our huge eBooks and emagazines collection, massive subscription database library, and free music downloads without leaving your home. Richland Library can help you learn a new language, research your family history, start a business, or study for a big test. Whether you have an eReader, iPad, or a notebook and pencil, Richland Library has resources for you.
Library cards are free for residents and property owners in Richland County, South Carolina, and just $65 a year for anyone else.
Congratulations on your decision to become a card carrying member of Richland Library. The enrollment process is simple and easy; start by using the links below.
- Apply for a FREE library card online or at any Richland Library location
- Out-of-county residents can obtain a library card for an annual fee of $65
- Richland County teachers can apply for a teacher library card
- Give a card as a gift! Give the gift of access by purchasing a library card for an out-of-county resident. Only $65 per year.
- Learn more about our borrowing guidelines >
Live outside of Richland County? No problem. You can still get a library card for yourself or as a gift.