Anyone can enjoy the full benefits of Richland Library.
Library cards are free to Richland County, SC residents and property owners, and $65 a year for most others (special discounts apply to teachers, military, and more).
See the list below for more information.
- Get an instant library card online or stop by any Richland Library location
- Free to all residents and/or property owners in Richland County
- Apply online or call 803.929.3456 to apply over the phone
- Customers under 13 need a parent's signature when applying for a library card. Please come in to a library location to complete your application if you are under 13.
- Out-of-county residents can obtain a library card for an annual fee of $65
- Think you might already have a card? Call us at 803.799.9084 or Ask a Librarian to find out.
Cards are issued at the time of registration. For online registrations, cards will be available when you next visit the library, but electronic resources are available sooner.
With your new card you can check out materials from one of our 11 locations, or enjoy our huge downloadable collection containing eBooks, emagazines, subscription databases, and free music downloads. Richland Library can help you learn a new language, research your family history, start a business, or study for a big test.