Updated 3 p.m. on Thursday, September 9
Prior to your visit, please review the information below and check to ensure your location is open as in-person services and availability are subject to change. Please continue to check back regularly for updates and new services, and remember that many services are available online or over the phone at (803) 799-9084.
Available In-person Services:
In the continued interest of public safety, we are evaluating and adjusting services as needed.
The following services are currently available systemwide:
- Browsing of materials (books, DVD’s, etc.)
- Holds pick-up (in-person or curbside)
- Use of self-checkout and mobile checkout
- Materials return
- Study Spaces (Limited capacity, first-come, first-served-- except at Wheatley and Lower Richland)
- Computer use (limited to one hour per customer)
- Printing and mobile printing
- Staff-assisted faxing, copying and scanning
- Outdoor Wi-fi at all library locations (except Sandhills)
- Career coaching appointments
- Notary services by request (except at Edgewood). Please call ahead.
The following services are currently available only at our Main location:
- Social Service assistance (walk-ins or by appointment, please check hours prior to visit)
- Local History (please check hours prior to visit)
- Library of Things (curbside pick up only)
Programs & Events:
For your safety and ours, all library locations are following safety protocols, under guidelines and recommendations from government and health officials, for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
⚠️ Masks Required
Local ordinances require that all individuals ages 5+, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks indoors. Please see a staff member to request a mask* if you don't have one.
*Available while supplies last.
- Please do not enter library buildings or facilities if you are feeling sick or have a temperature over 100.4 degrees.
- Masks should fully cover the nose and mouth. (A face shield may be worn with a face mask, but not without a mask.)
- Customers should return items to exterior or interior book drops to reduce handling of materials.
- Customers should stay in their vehicle during drive thru or curbside pick up so that we can continue to practice social distancing.
Please call ahead if you need reasonable accommodations or one-on-one assistance.
Additionally, we are:
- Requiring staff to wear a face mask/covering inside our locations.
- Regularly fogging and cleaning our facilities and hard surfaces including tabletops, door handles, etc. based on CDC recommendations.
- Using plexiglass at customer service locations.
Library administrators are meeting regularly to evaluate our reopening plans and ensure that the welfare of customers and staff remain at the forefront of our plans to serve the community. Questions? Call 803-799-9084.