About the Job
Richland Library is seeking to hire an Interlibrary Loan Associate for Main.
In this position, you will be managing Interlibrary Loan requests for our customers, using the Polaris Interlibrary Loan Module; promoting the Interlibrary loan service and implementing changes to the service that are designed to enhance the customer experience.
Good judgment, attention to detail, tact, and adaptability are some of the attributes needed to perform the tasks associated with this position, ensuring that our customers have an enjoyable library experience.
If you feel like you are the right person for this position, we encourage you to apply!
- Creating and updating records on OCLC (Online Computer Library Center) for materials to be borrowed and loaned.
- Managing Interlibrary Loan requests for Richland Library customers, using the Polaris Interlibrary Loan module.
- Submitting payments and payment requests for Interlibrary Loans through MUNIS.
- Updating records in Interlibrary Loan notebooks for materials borrowed and loaned.
- Pulling and processing books and photocopies of articles to fill Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Unpacking and processing materials received on Interlibrary Loan for library customers, and those returned to Richland Library by borrowing libraries.
- Performing internal and external written communications, relating to interlibrary loan records, processes, and customer service, with both customers and other libraries alike.
- Keeping track of overdue loans.
- Writing and sending letters to customers reminding them of overdue Interlibrary Loan materials.
- At least two years of post high school education from an accredited college or university.
- One year relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Word processing skills; 45 words per minute.
- Additional skills required by job.
Your job will involve your being on the move in our libraries. It will include standing, walking, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, pushing/pulling, and lifting.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Research and Readers' Advisory Department* 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary: $13.00 per hour
Hours: 20 hours/week. Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Job Classification Level: 104
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
* Richland Library may change location and schedule of any Library job.
January 21, 2019. Applications for Richland Library jobs should be completed online and submitted by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date.
Please do not send your resume/cover letter separately; only materials submitted through our online system are reviewed. You may attach your resume and/or cover letter to your online application. Keep in mind that if you are applying for multiple positions, you will need to submit an application for each position.
Why Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community;” and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.