About the Job
Richland Library seeks to hire a detail oriented, organized and motivated intern to assist and perform Finance Office functions under guidance. The person filling this temporary position will handle various important duties to maintain the efficiency of the department.
The ideal candidate takes pride in keeping the office organized and functional, is a team player who thinks quickly on his/her feet, is excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a Library setting, and the opportunity to learn from a practical perspective. He/She is comfortable with financial software and Excel, and works well with detailed data.
If you are interested in embracing this outstanding opportunity to grow and to contribute, Richland Library encourages you to apply!
- Reconciling and processing purchase card statements for payment.
- Reconciling monies received through cash, check and various credit card transactions.
- Compiling and recording weekly deposits to be submitted to bank and recorded into financial software.
- Assisting with Excel spreadsheets and data entry into financial system.
- Creating and maintaining files (electronic and paper format) and related financial information.
- Creating correspondence, reports, forms, and other types of written communication as necessary.
- Providing information to office staff by appropriate and effective communication.
- Performing research and providing reports in relation to matters as needed.
- Effectively demonstrating characteristics of being enthusiastic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of Richland Library’s customer engagement standards.
- Performing other associated duties as required or assigned.
- High school graduation, plus college enrollment with an academic schedule and term suitable to the job, and/or other evidence of availability to complete a 17-week commitment without preference for regular ongoing employment.
- Excellent technology skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Additional skills as required by the job, including evidence of good communication and evidence of current knowledge/interest related to business and accounting.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to perform job functions.
Minimum Time/Work Commitment Expected:
- Expectations are that the intern will complete 12 hours per week for up to 17 weeks.
Your job will involve your being on the move in our libraries. It will include standing, walking, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Finance Office **1431 Assembly St., Columbia, SC 29201
Salary: $13.00 per hour
Hours: 12 hours per week. Schedule to be discussed during interview
(Job Classification Level 104) (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
APPLY IMMEDIATELY. No deadline is presently established for this Vacancy. Applications being accepted now. When a deadline is determined, the deadline will be announced 24 hours in advance on the Library’s website.
Please do not send your resume/cover letter separately; only materials submitted through our online system are reviewed. You may attach your resume and/or cover letter to your online application. Keep in mind that if you are applying for multiple positions, you will need to submit an application for each position.
Why Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 11 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.