About the Job
Richland Library is seeking to hire an Associate for our Blythewood location.
"Our library is a direct reflection of the traditions and values that distinguish our community and make it a sought after destination to visit, live in, work and raise our families." Blythewood Manager.
We are seeking someone who is energetic, outgoing, and positive to work in this location. This individual enjoys working with people of all ages; a natural leader, teacher, and trainer, with strong technology skills, and the ability to share that knowledge with customers of varying skill levels. This individual has a passion for customer service and may have a background in a customer-oriented field such as retail or food & beverage. Supervisory experience is a plus!
- Assisting the Blythewood Manager and librarians with the overall management and leadership of that location, including helping to keep the workflow properly moving and creating personalized customer experiences.
- Leading, coaching, training, and supervising part-time employees and volunteers, guiding priorities within activities and tasks.
- Managing operations during absence of higher level staff.
- May assist the location manager in managing employee performance for success; as well as with aspects of interviewing, hiring, and training of new staff and volunteers.
- Planning and assisting with activities and events for people of all ages.
- Assisting library customers with downloading digital materials and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices and e-readers; and technology resources in general.
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Actively supporting the needs of the library, including shelving materials; creating and maintaining displays; performing opening and closing procedures; maintaining supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and troubleshooting equipment; scheduling and confirming meeting room reservations, sustaining the library’s collection.
- Bachelor’s degree (two years’ college plus at least eight years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree).
- CDF – Career Development Facilitator preferred, not required.
- Preference for at least one-year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a very good understanding of technology.
Your job will involve your being on the move in our libraries. It will include standing, walking, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Blythewood** 218 McNulty Street, Blythewood, SC 29016
Salary range: $1,101.00 - $1,132.00 biweekly, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, including 2 nights: Mondays 12:00 – 8:00 pm and Tuesdays 12:30 – 8:00 pm. Alternate Fridays/Saturdays.
Job Classification Level: 106
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Deadline: February 13, 2019
Applications for Richland Library jobs must be completed online and submitted by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date.
If you are considering submitting a resume/cover letter, you may attach to your online application.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.