Richland Library is seeking to hire a Customer Service Specialist for the Eastover location.
Nestled between the Eastover Town Hall and several soon-to-be reclaimed historical buildings, the new 5,200 square foot Richland Library Eastover is a continuing point of pride for the growing Eastover community.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader, teacher, and trainer, has strong technology skills, and the ability to share that knowledge with customers of varying skill levels. Also this individual has a passion for customer service and may have a background in a customer-oriented field such as retail or food & beverage. Supervisory experience is a plus!
If this is you, we encourage you to apply to come join the Eastover Library staff!
- Planning and assisting with activities and events for people of all ages.
- Assisting library customers with downloading digital materials and troubleshooting a wide variety of devices and e-readers.
- Assisting library customers with technology, internet, and software questions (examples include Microsoft Office, email, and online job applications).
- Assisting the Eastover Manager and other staff with the overall management and leadership of the library in that location, including helping to keep the workflow moving and meeting customer experience expectations.
- Assisting a diverse customer base with selecting a wide variety of materials; answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Paying careful attention to detail when handling library materials and completing established library processes in order to ensure the best possible experience for the customer.
- Assisting in training and supervising part-time employees and volunteers, and guiding priorities within activities and tasks.
- Helping to oversee the Library operations during absence of higher level staff.
- Actively supporting the needs of the Library, including opening and closing procedures; supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials and sustaining the Library’s collection.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
As a Richland Library employee you can:
- Make a difference in other people’s lives every day!
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Be recognized for your contributions.
- Grow and develop personally and professionally.
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to salaried employees that support employees, spouses and their children. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement savings plan\paid time off and holiday pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free and discounted access to books, music, and films
- Giving Back:
We value giving back to our community and encourage all employees to volunteer their time to support their charities.
- Celebration, Appreciation and Play
We know that you need a chance to unwind and recharge. Science tells us that play makes us smarter and reduces stress. Play helps us to get to know our colleagues better and can be fun. We offer break rooms and employee lounge areas to play games, workout, read or just relax.
- At least two years of post high school education from an accredited college or university.
- One year clerical or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a good understanding of technology.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Eastover **608 Main Street, Eastover, SC 29044
Salary range: $1,023.75 - $1,054.46 biweekly, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week: Monday 12:00 – 8:00 PM; Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM; Thursday 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM; Alternate Friday & Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Job Classification Level 104 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply: Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Reference job title on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone. All other applicants will be notified via email when position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
- Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
- Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us continue to fulfill our mission of helping our customers learn, create, and share.
- We are guided by our shared Vision: “enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.