Richland Library is seeking to hire an eContent Strategist at our Main location.
- Effectively demonstrates characteristics of being enthusiastic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of the Richland Library’s customer engagement standards.
- Greets customers & successfully ascertains individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Acts as electronic resources librarian/professional while working closely with frontline staff and the Marketing and Digital Strategy team to effectively present & promote resources through various channels.
- Works with Web Advisory Team to maximize access to and visibility of electronic resources on the library’s website.
- Consistently directs assessment and evaluates eContent and electronic resources and their delivery systems. Makes recommendations regarding addition and retention based on this assessment.
- Identifies and shares information about new electronic products and resources that support library services and goals. Coordinates trials and pilots of new resources that are under consideration for the library’s collection.
- Works with a cross-section of library staff to ensure integration of electronic resources (databases) into overall collection goals.
- Works with Finance Office to interpret and review license agreements.
- Develops and delivers trainings and instruction for staff on library’s eContent/electronic resource offerings.
- Collects, maintains, interprets, and presents regular and detailed reports of relevant statistical data to colleagues and decision-makers
- Identifies and troubleshoots issues related to access and maintenance of electronic resources; communicates those issues to staff and vendors in a prompt/timely manner, and prioritizes the repair/maintenance of the networked electronic resources as needed.
- Represents Richland Library in professional and public forums
- Maintains a repository of information on electronic resources, including data on licensing, access and copyright.
- May support the selection/purchasing of eContent for electronic book and electronic audiobook collections.
- Monitors development of the e-publishing industry and related technical/access issues and promotes understanding of such issues among all library units. Investigates, recommends, and implements new models and priorities of e-book purchasing and lending to improve and support e-book collections and the e-reading experience
- Evaluates and analyzes the Library’s electronic collections as part of an orderly collection development process.
- Uses vendors’ merchandising and Readers’ Advisory tools (shelves, collections, etc.) to highlight eContent.
- Seeks opportunities to highlight eCollections and electronic resources on the website and in the community.
- Stays abreast of professional developments.
- Updates and maintains central repository of information on electronic resources, including data on licensing, access and copyright.
- Works with vendors to obtain the best terms and conditions for acquiring and maintaining their products.
- Performs various other collection development duties.
- May supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Performs other associated duties as required or assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a highly relevant field and a minimum of 2 years of documented relevant work experience, including work that would demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities (for example, library). ALA accredited MLIS degree is preferred but not required (with MLIS degree the experience requirement may be reduced). Transcripts must be presented upon hire.
- Involvement in library associations, preferred.
- One year of satisfactory professional library experience, preferred.
- Specialized subject knowledge or skills developed through work experience where appropriate.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record may be required.
- Ability to perform job functions.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary: $1,877.23 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Job Classification Level 113 (FLSA Status: Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.