Richland Library is seeking a Helpdesk Specialist to join our IT team at our Main location.
Our IT team’s unique philosophy is “people before processes.” Can you embrace and exemplify this philosophy on a daily basis? Do you have experience providing top-notch, helpful, and friendly IT support? Do you have strong troubleshooting and people skills?
If the above descriptions are among your many talents, and you are energized by a fast-paced environment of ever-changing IT projects and needs, we encourage you to apply! Join our IT team and display our values of being helpful, knowledgeable, flexible, collaborative, empathetic, and innovative.
- Responds to helpdesk requests in a timely, helpful, and friendly manner
- Supports library staff and customers in the use of library’s IT systems, hardware, and software
- Deploys and maintains hardware, such as computers, laptops, and document scanners
- Enters financial requisitions for IT purchase requests
- Creates and maintains documentation and training materials
- Supports IT philosophy, values, and team members
As a Richland Library employee, you can:
- Make a difference in other people’s lives every day!
- Be part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Be recognized for your contributions.
- Grow and develop personally and professionally.
Richland Library offers a full range of benefits to salaried employees that support employees, spouses and their children. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement savings plan, paid time off, and holiday pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free and discounted access to books, music, and films
- Giving Back:
We value giving back to our community and encourage all employees to volunteer their time to support their charities.
- Celebration, Appreciation and Play
We know that you need a chance to unwind and recharge. Science tells us that play makes us smarter and reduces stress. Play helps us to get to know our colleagues better and can be fun. We offer break rooms and employee lounge areas to play games, workout, read or just relax.
- At least two years of college in IT field or equivalent helpdesk/PC technician work experience
- At least two years of technology support experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- CompTIA A+, Network+, ACMT, HDI-CSR or ITIL certification preferred
- Additional skills as required by job, and ability to perform duties of the job
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main **1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary range: $34,320.00 - $35,349.60 annually, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. One Saturday 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM every other month.
Job Classification Level 108 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply: Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Reference job title on the subject line.
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone. All other applicants will be notified via email when position is filled.
Why the Richland Library?
- Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 13 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
- Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us continue to fulfill our mission of helping our customers learn, create, and share.
- We are guided by our shared vision: to enhance the quality of life for our entire community; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.