Richland Library is seeking to hire an IT Helpdesk Specialist at our Main location.
- Demonstrates IT team values of being helpful, knowledgeable, flexible, collaborative, empathetic, and innovative.
- Ability to put "people before processes" while maintaining appropriate IT security.
- Greets customers & successfully ascertains individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Receives and records helpdesk requests from staff and customers. Escalates issues to the appropriate IT staff member, when necessary.
- Provides basic troubleshooting assistance to staff and customers for IT hardware and software, including computers, laptops, printers, other hardware maintained by the IT Department, Microsoft Office applications, the library’s integrated library system software, and other productivity applications.
- Assists other IT staff in the deployment and maintenance of hardware, software, and systems.
- Prepares reports for various departments as scheduled or requested.
- Trains and assists library staff and customers in use of the Library’s software applications and hardware.
- Writes and updates manuals, training materials, and documentation for applications and technology supported by the IT Department.
- May travel to all library locations to provide technology updates, troubleshooting, and/or advisory services.
- Keeps informed and knowledgeable of changing technology and its application in the library environment.
- Moves and opens heavy boxes.
- Performs other associated duties as required or assigned.
- At least two years college in IT field; or at least two IT certifications; or two years helpdesk/PC technician experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with basic computer hardware skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to perform all job duties.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, ACMT, HDI-CSR, ITIL, or MCSA: Windows 10 certification
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary: $1,416.00 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week with rotating schedule:
Monday & Tuesday (11:30 am - 8:00 pm), Wednesday & Thursday (8:30 am - 5:00 pm), Friday (9:30 am - 6:00 pm); One Saturday every other month to include Saturday (8:30 am - 6:00 pm). Other evening or weekend hours possible.
Job Classification Level 109 (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.