About the Job
Richland Library is seeking to hire a Safety and Security staff member for our North Main location.
Richland Library is seeking someone who has good knowledge of security procedures, and good knowledge safety principles and practices. This individual has two years of recent security or law enforcement experience, is organized and able to communicate clearly and concisely, has a sharp mind & an eye for detail. This individual enjoys assisting others & ensures everyone’s safety on his or her watch. Are you ready to learn about the unique Security needs of the Library?
If your answer is “YES!”, the Richland Library encourages you to apply!
Our online application is not working properly with Internet Explorer. Please use another browser to submit your application such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Patrolling all interior and exterior grounds to protect premises, property, and equipment; moving constantly and quickly between areas as appropriate. Carefully observing all unusual activities and behavior on library property, and responding appropriately, which involves decision-making, judgment, and knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Responding to fire and burglar alarms after hours, when informed by alarm company, police, or supervisor; which requires immediately available, reliable transportation to the necessary locations.
- Assisting customers and staff in emergency situations relating to safety and security.
- Interpreting, communicating, and enforcing library policies, procedures, and rules to customers, security workers, and other staff.
- Communicating information related to safety, security, and library-general information; presenting a positive image of library to general public.
- Dealing effectively and appropriately with disorderly customers whenever necessary.
- Maintaining appropriate security reports and records.
- Maintaining physical cleanliness, neatness, orderliness, and safety of exterior grounds and exterior areas as listed above, in addition to the safety/security patrolling of such areas.
- Assisting with administering emergency First Aid to staff and customers.
- Assisting library staff in limited aspects of their job duties, as needed.
- Locating certain customers and relaying messages from outside callers, within appropriate guidelines.
- Providing security to other Library locations and special events, as needed.
- Performing other duties as required or assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- At least two years’ previous experience in security and/or law enforcement.
- Drug free.
Your job will involve your being on the move in our libraries.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library North Main **5306 North Main Street, Columbia, SC 29203
Salary range: $975.00 - $1,004.00 biweekly, plus benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 12:15 – 9:15 pm; Friday 9:15 – 6:15 PM; Saturday 12:15 – 6:15 pm
(Job Classification Level 103) (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
Deadline: Open Until filled. Applicants will be notified by email once the position is filled.