About the Job
Richland Library is seeking to hire an Associate for our Sandhills location.
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative, and customer-service oriented candidates for our Sandhills location. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, loves to keep everything in tip-top shape to everybody’s satisfaction, and most importantly loves to work with families, teens, and children.
Are you ready to help support and ensure exceptional experiences for all our customers – from a warm welcome to a fond farewell?
Richland Library Sandhills serves the fast-growing Clemson Road area of Northeast Richland County. Located on the grounds of The Summit, the library is close to the Village at Sandhills. Strategically located near Ridgeview High School, Summit Parkway Middle School and North Springs Elementary, the Library has nearly 25% of the customers under the age of 18.
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Understanding and maintaining the material handling system for organizing and moving materials through the system.
- Assisting with adult and children’s programming.
- Ensuring that our customer experience expectations are met by guaranteeing our books, media, and music are out on the shelves, look clean and tidy, can be easily found, and are in the correct location.
- Actively supporting the needs of the Library, including completion of opening and closing procedures, cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials, shelf-reading, shifting and maintaining the collection, straightening materials, arranging materials on booktrucks, emptying bookdrops, and searching for materials on shelves.
- May be overseeing Library operations during absence of higher level staff.
- Performing other associated duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
Your job will involve your being on the move in our libraries. It will include standing, walking, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Sandhills** 763 Fashion Drive, Columbia, SC 29229
Salary range: $13.00 per hour
Hours: 20.0. hours per week: Tue. & Thurs. 5-9 pm; Sat. 9-6 pm & Sun. 2-6 pm., including evening and weekend hours.
Job Classification Level: 102
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Deadline: February 21, 2019
Applications for Richland Library jobs must be completed online and submitted by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date.
You may attach resume and cover letter to your online application.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.