Richland Library is seeking to hire a Total Rewards Manager at our Main location.
- Effectively demonstrates characteristics of being enthusiastic, outgoing, and strongly customer-service oriented, including the application of the Richland Library’s customer engagement standards.
- Greets customers & successfully ascertains individualized needs and/or requirements for each customer.
- Engages, encourages, and assists diverse customers in all areas of the Library in a welcoming, professional, and respectful manner.
- Accurately and efficiently creates and maintains employee (current and former) information using Munis and UKG finance/HR software.
- Manages, maintains, and updates HR/payroll databases, including: employee master, job/salary, deductions, benefits, leave accrual, position control, location and check location codes, premium tables, department salary and benefits, ACA, workplace injuries, and classification and compensation/pay grades.
- Maintains responsibility for salary and benefits projections data in Munis.
- Constantly monitors, tracks, calculates and enters all payroll exceptions, pay information, deductions, and leave information in Munis and UKG finance/HR system.
- Enters and maintains salary and deduction payroll encumbering information and department salary budget transfer journal entries; assists Chief Human Resources Officer with personnel budget preparation; maintains personnel budget data; provides data to Chief Human Resources Officer for budget and other HR data analysis.
- Oversees PEBA administration.
- Maintains and updates “other employee and retiree benefits” databases and communication, including COBRA, FMLA, LPFMLA, unpaid leave situations, Flexible Spending Accounts (MSA, DDA, HRA, HSA), health and dental insurance, life insurance, retiree benefits; communicates and meets with employees, supervisors, and outside vendors; and monitors premium payments and communicates with employees on unpaid leave to collect payment as needed
- Collaborate with leadership to update and implement the strategy and design of benefit plans.
- Responsible for communication and record-keeping for workplace injuries, OSHA record-keeping, communication with worker’s compensation insurance carrier, supervisor, injured employee, Chief Human Resources Officer, Safety and Security Manager, and other involved parties such as Operations staff.
- Confidentially and courteously handles employee, supervisor, retiree, and outside vendor agency requests for HR, payroll, and/or benefits information.
- Implement as necessary, administer, and communicate innovative employee compensation and benefits programs, policies and processes to align with the pay-for-performance and market pricing total rewards strategy.
- Responds to surveys; maintains compliance with required government reporting; provides OPEB data and other census report data.
- Maintains and process Munis and UKG benefits enrollment and changes throughout the year, as well as for annual open enrollment, including employee communication, payroll/HR software set-up and processing, vendor processing and communication, deduction maintenance, and trouble-shooting; assists Accountant with benefits billing issues.
- Manages Munis and UKG – ACA records maintenance, reporting, and mandatory filing and distribution.
- Responds to SCRS (PEBA) requests; utilizes SCRS (PEBA) services for payroll processing and employee inquiries; maintains retirement-related databases in SharePoint.
- Acquires awareness of and maintains compliance with HR laws, regulations, and policies.
- Provides appropriate training and communication proactively to all other Personnel Office staff regarding details of work, procedures, and duties.
- Compiles assorted personnel-related data and statistics; completes surveys and questionnaires; performs computations.
- Handles purchase order requisitions for benefit vendor invoices and maintains invoice records.
- Assists other staff with additional database maintenance, HR duties, & inquiries (other insurance products, performance appraisal system, PEBA, UKG, advertising and recruiting, unemployment, supply ordering, password resetting, etc.).
- Assists with Staff Engagement Day reports and preparation.
- May assist with performance appraisal process and record-keeping.
- May assist with preparing, updating, and disseminating personnel policies and procedures, job descriptions, personnel-related invitations to bid and requests for proposal for contractual services, and other personnel-related tasks.
- May supervise other Personnel Office staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Maintains awareness of changing developments in personnel administration, as well as in the library.
- In absence of other Personnel Office staff, may serve as receptionist for Personnel Office, answers telephone, receives and sends messages, mail, e-mail, voice mail, etc.
- Performs other related duties and assists with special projects as required or assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resources, personnel, public administration, business administration, administrative management, any other relevant field.
- Experience in personnel administration and experience in dealing with the public and with employees preferred. Other relevant work experience or additional educational preparation may be considered.
- Skills in word processing, spreadsheets, computer data entry and retrieval, databases. Knowledge and skills related to HRIS systems such as UKG and Munis preferred.
- Additional skills and abilities as needed for the job.
- Ability to perform the job.
Location, Salary & Hours:
Where: Richland Library Main, 1431 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Salary: $2,181.00 bi-weekly plus excellent benefits.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Job Classification Level 115 (FLSA Status: Exempt)
** Richland Library may change location and schedule of any library job.
How to apply:
Deadline: Open Until Filled. However, we reserve the right to close this posting without notice. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
No phone calls and/or in person inquiries regarding status of applications. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone.
Why the Richland Library?
Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a great variety of literary and cultural programs and 12 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customized, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
The Richland Library is an award-winning, forward-thinking public library system because of our exceptional, diverse staff, who are passionate about serving our community. Be a part of our team and help us to continue to fulfill our mission to help our customers learn, create and share.
We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with Richland Library.