- Emily Stoll
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Richland Library wants to keep you and your family ahead of the storm.
All three organizations are sharing important and life-saving information by analyzing the current, past and future aspects of the Atlantic hurricane season. Listen to their virtual discussion by clicking on the video, below.
They're also equipping you with resources that you might need before, during and after the storm.
- Explore Hurricane Central
- Monitor the National Hurricane Center
- See storm forecasts from the National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration
- Examine climate reports from the United Nations
South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- View interactive South Carolina Hurricane Guide (NEW)
- Read 2021 Hurricane Guide of South Carolina
- Prepare your emergency plan
- Get help
Palmetto SC Region of the American Red Cross
You can take a step back in time as well and see the impact of tropical systems in South Carolina through the historic digital collections from our Walker Local and Family History Center. Browse photos, books and pamphlets, maps, and oral histories.
Richland Library is a Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador. Whether it’s hurricane season or not, weather impacts our daily lives. Our goal is to share materials, such as safety campaigns and educational programs, so you're weather-ready for the next major storm.