In preparation for Noelle's Residency, which runs from September 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023, we asked her a few questions in order for you to get to know her better.
What do you most look forward to doing as part of your residency with the library?
I am looking forward to connecting with fellow entrepreneurs and business owners in my community while sharing tools and insight I’ve used along the way, and learning from others as well!
How did you begin your present career/profession?
I began my career in real estate when I transitioned from Marketing and Social Media Coordinating for local businesses/firms to Marketing real estate listings. The real estate side of it all quickly became a passion, and being able to assist my clients while being intertwined with my community made it all a win-win.
Was your career something you always wanted to do or did it develop over time?
Real estate was always an interest of mine but my passion for working with clients and selling developed over time. I always imagined continuing my career in marketing and social media, but I had never thought of the day that I'd work for myself! I love meeting new people, working with my clients, and learning more about my city. This shift in my career path has been the best thing I could've ever dreamed of.
If you could sum up your company's goal in one sentence, what would it be?
Providing a service to people, beyond the property addresses.
What are the top three challenges currently facing new small business owners and established small business owners?
New Small Business Owners:
1. Systems and organization. Getting acquainted with your business and how it can run effectively can naturally take trial and error. To be able to take what’s missing and better improve systems is very important.
2. Outsourcing. Knowing when the help is needed and where. Learning you can’t do it all and accepting help is vital to a business’ success.
3. Trust- Trust in your abilities, trusting your gut, and trust in the journey. The extra time, care, and hard work does pay off.
Established Small Business Owners:
1. Evolution. Our world is ever-changing, so our approach to business should be as well. Accept change and adjust to the idea of evolving and adapting your business.
2. Don’t reinvent the wheel. Sometimes we overthink what has already been thought of and laid out for us to make our business and systems easier. Don’t overthink it and use resources available to you.
3. Reflection. Remember what got you to the point you are at. Reflect on past fears and how you overcame them in order to develop new approaches to new problems or fears.
As a small business owner, why is it important to have a mentor?
Mentors are imperative to both professional and personal growth. There is so much that goes into being a business owner, some of which, only a mentor or someone who has taken the steps on the same path can bring clarity to. Mentors are great at guiding and bringing understanding to situations unique to you and/or your business.
What's the best business advice you've ever received?
The best business advice I've ever received is, "You have to value yourself, to believe you can bring value to others." It's easy to get caught up in comparisons, the competitive nature of business, or even self-doubt. It's important to know that you bring value and to see the value in yourself and your business to keep that confidence and momentum going.
To register for Noelle's upcoming program, EiR Presents - Branding Your Business, September 19 @ 6:00 p.m., click here:
To meet one-on-one with EiR Noelle, click here:
Noelle Jones' Favorite Small Business Books List
Burg, Bob. The Go-Giver: A Little Story about a Powerful Business Idea.
(2008) Audiobook on CD: CD/Business/Bur,
(2015) Print: Success/Personal/Bur
Covey, Stephen R. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change.
(2015) Audiobook on CD: CD/Health/Cov,
(2013) Print: Health/Self-Help/Cov,
(2020) Print: Business/Success/Personal/Cov
Hennessey, Brittany. Influencer: Building Your Personal Brand in the Age of Social Media. (2019) Hoopla,
Ruiz, Don Miguel. The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom.
(1997) Print: Religion/Nature/Rui
Ruiz, Don Miguel. The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery. (2010).
Schwartz, David J. The Magic of Thinking Big. (2015).
Audiobook on CD: CD/Health/Sch,
Wiest, Brianna. The Mountain is You: Transforming Self-Sabotage into Self-Mastery. (2020).