Share your talents with the community by providing creative and educational opportunities that support cultural and artistic exchange.
Richland Library’s Artist-in-Residence Program aims to connect the community with local working artists and to provide creative and educational opportunities to the community in a way that supports cultural and artistic exchange.
Created in 2015, the program gives artists, performers and makers of all types and disciplines the ability to work freely in their own studio space, share their works and artistic process with the community and provide learning opportunities and programs for library customers.
- Full access to their own studio space as well as access to the Media and Fine Arts Studios and Woodshop at Richland Library Main
- A monthly stipend (programming supplies provided by the library)
Residents are expected to:
- Offer 20 open office hours each month
- Work in their studio as much as possible—allowing library customers and community members to observe the artistic process in real time.
- Collaborate with library staff on arts programming for the public
- Lead art programs and workshops for the public and/or staff
Upcoming Residency Dates:
- Summer: June 3 - Aug 11, 2019
- Fall: September 3 – December 13, 2019
Proposals for Summer and Fall 2019 will be accepted between April 1 and May 15, 2019.
Priority will be given to artists who present ideas for projects that align with Richland Library’s brand promises—Enhance the Customer Experience and to Advance Our Community. Proposals should state an overall goal for accomplishing these promises in their workshop and project ideas.