Share your talents with the community by providing creative and educational opportunities that support cultural and artistic exchange.
Richland Library’s Artist-in-Residence Program aims to connect the community with local working artists and to provide creative and educational opportunities to the community in a way that supports cultural and artistic exchange.
Created in 2015, the residency program gives artists, performers and makers of all types and disciplines the ability to work freely in their own studio space, share their works and artistic process with the community and provide learning opportunities and programs for library customers.
Now, more than ever, Richland Library understands the need for artists to connect, support each other and be supported. For Fall 2021, we will focus on the power of HOPE and RESILIENCY within our local arts community.
We are looking for visual, performance or media artists who have a direct connection to the local arts community and a desire to help the library improve the livelihood of our creative community. The resident will deliver art-making tutorials, studio tours, creative workshops and artist meet-ups, and serve as a liaison between artists and the library while enjoying a space of their own to create freely.
- A monthly stipend of $800 (programming supplies provided by the library)
- A virtual exhibition/celebration of artist's work via Richland Library's website and social media platforms.
Residents are expected to:
- Offer regular, weekly virtual office hours to speak one-on-one with library customers and local artists.
- Collaborate with library staff, partners and the local arts community on arts programming.
- Lead art programs and workshops for the public and/or staff
- Serve as a liaison to local arts community to help the library assess the needs of artists during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Upcoming Residency Dates:
Fall 2021 Residency | July - December 2021
Proposals will be accepted through June 15, 2021. To apply, please complete the form below. Questions? E-mail Artful@richlandlibrary.com.
Priority will be given to artists who present ideas for projects that align with Richland Library’s brand promises—Enhance the Customer Experience and to Advance Our Community. Proposals should state an overall goal for accomplishing these promises in their workshop and project ideas.