Once you’re tired of binge-watching your favorite shows, you’ve finished Where the Crawdads Sing, rifled through your TBR pile repeatedly and consumed all your snacks—just what can you do to pass the time?
Here are 14 ideas to help you relax, get your social fix (👋 to all our extroverted friends) and keep learning, creating and sharing.
- Dance! There are lots of great playlists available on Freegal. Might we suggest the Boogie Nights playlist. Pro tip, hit shuffle for a delightfully random vibe.
- Relax with some yoga or meditation videos from Hoopla.
- Take a virtual tour of the museum you've never been to. Find tours, here.
- Learn a new language. You know, for all the places you'd like to travel to one day…
- Listen to a podcast. If there's one thing librarians like almost as much as books it's a podcast. Find a list of our favorites, here.
- Trace your family’s roots using Ancestry Library Edition.
- Binge watch past award winners like Moonlight, I Am Not Your Negro, The Florida Project, Lady Bird and more via Kanopy.
- Start that novel you've always planned on writing.
- Attend a digital concert like SXSW thanks to Hoopla or tune in to the Dropkick Murphy’s special St. Patrick's Day concert, or stream an opera, nightly, from the Metropolitan Opera.
- Get to know your favorite author just a little bit better. Check out these quick interviews.
- Try a new recipe! Dig up some classic southern favorites with our vintage cookbook collection
- Activate the right side of your brain and try some new crafts with Creativebug.
- Start a conversation with Table Topics. Check for daily prompts on our Facebook page here.
- Take a quick one, three or five minute break with a short story.
P.S. Don't forget...our digital resources are always available to download to your e-Ready device. With the touch of a button, you can have both entertainment and educational opportunities at your fingertips