Donate Books, CDs and DVDs
By donating books, CDs and DVDs in good condition, you help the Richland Library Friends and Foundation raise money to support innovative library programs and services. Our dedicated volunteers sort, price and shelve your donations for resale at our public book sales.
In the interest of public safety, we are no longer able to accept donations at all library locations.
1. Schedule a drop-off appointment by calling (803) 929-3436.
2. Bag or box all items in disposable containers. Packaging cannot be returned.
3. Assess the value of your materials for tax purposes (if appropriate) prior to dropping of your donation.
Please note that donors are responsible for transporting items into the designated drop-off area (hand trucks available), as library staff and volunteers will be unable to handle materials.
We also ask that you…
• Wash your hands regularly and/or use hand sanitizer prior to your appointment.
• Wear a mask or cloth face covering while donating materials.
• Reschedule your donation appointment if you are feeling unwell.
Questions? Call 803-929-3436 for more information or to schedule a donation appointment.
Donate Items of Historical Significance
The Library's Walker Local and Family History Center accepts donations of local historical significance. Donated materials might include: yearbooks, books, family histories, maps, funeral programs or local photographs.
If accepted, these materials are added to the collection and are available for in-house genealogical and historical research. If you have materials that you’d like to donate, please contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at (803) 929-3402 for more information.