Donate Books, CDs and DVDs
By donating books, CDs and DVDs in good condition, you help the Richland Library Friends and Foundation raise money to support innovative library programs and services. Our dedicated volunteers sort, price and shelve your donations for resale at our public book sales.
2023 Donation Schedule:
Donations are accepted at the Richland Library Operations Center (130 Lancewood Rd., Columbia, SC) on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
|Noon - 2 p.m. Wednesdays, June 7, 14 and 21||4 - 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 7||--|
|Noon - 2 p.m. Wednesdays, July 5 & 12||4:30 - 6 p.m., Wednesday, July 12||10 a.m. - Noon, Saturday, July 15|
|Noon - 2 p.m. Wednesdays, August 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30||--||--|
|Noon - 2 p.m. Wednesdays, September 6, 13, 20, & 27||--||--|
|Noon - 2 p.m. Wednesdays, October 4 & 25||4:30 - 6 p.m., Wednesday, October 4||10 a.m. - Noon, Saturday, October 7|
|Noon - 2 p.m. Wednesdays, November 1, 8, & 15||--||--|
|Noon - 2 p.m. Wednesdays, December 6 & 20||--||--|
- Select a standard drop-off time (listed above).
- Bag or box all items in disposable containers. Packaging cannot be returned.
- Count and assess the value of your materials for tax purposes (if appropriate) prior to dropping off your donation.
- Once you arrive, please call the Operations Center at 803.798.3341 to let volunteers know you have arrived.
- Donors are responsible for transporting items into the designated drop-off area. Library staff and volunteers will be unable to handle materials (hand trucks provided).
- Items with water damage, mold, mildew, broken spines or damaged pages will not be accepted.
- Donations will not be accepted during inclement weather.
We also ask that you…
• Wash your hands regularly and/or use hand sanitizer prior to your drop-off.
• Wear a mask or cloth face covering if you are unvaccinated.
• Select an alternate drop-off date if you are feeling unwell.
Questions? Call 803-315-2166 for more information.
Donate Items of Historical Significance
The Library's Walker Local and Family History Center accepts donations of local historical significance. Donated materials might include: yearbooks, books, family histories, maps, funeral programs or local photographs.
If accepted, these materials are added to the collection and are available for in-house genealogical and historical research. If you have materials that you’d like to donate, please contact the Walker Local and Family History Center at (803) 929-3402 for more information.