Turn your passions and talents into opportunity with the Library of Things.
The Library of Things is a collection of equipment that can be reserved and checked out from Richland Library Main.
The collection is a natural evolution of the library’s lending model and an extension of the various makerspaces and Studios available to customers inside our libraries. The Library of Things aims to reduce barriers for entrepreneurs, creatives, and lifelong learners by providing access to quality equipment.
How to Checkout:
- Library of Things equipment is available by reservation for customers ages 18 and up.
- Users must possess a valid Richland Library card with current address and no outstanding fees greater than $10.00 to borrow equipment. (Courtesy cards and computer cards do not have Library of Things borrowing privileges.)
- A signed Library of Things waiver and a valid government issued photo ID are required to checkout equipment.
Need assistance? Contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library of Things Equipment can be reserved for up to one week with one renewal per checkout period if there are no conflicting reservations.
- Cardholders are responsible for all materials checked out on their library card.
- In the event that an item is lost or not returned, charges will be applied to the cardholder’s library account for the value of the item. In the event that an item is damaged, the card holder will be charged for repairs or replacement of the item.
- The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation if equipment is not checked out within 24 hours after a reservation begins.